- You want to do an intestinal reconstruction treatment because you have taken antibiotics?
- Your immune system is weakened and you suspect a dysbiosis of the intestinal flora?
What you will find in this article:
- In this article I introduce probiotics & prebiotics, which support the intestinal flora primarily of the colon in an intestinal reconstruction cure. But not only that…
- Get to know my intestinal flora cocktails, in which I have combined pro- and prebiotics in a meaningful way. This way you can build up the population of your “good” intestinal bacteria, because they are not only “there” but also grow and thrive! The ingredients are available in drugstores, pharmacies, supermarkets or of course online!
[box]I have translated my blog articles into English with deepl.com, so that even English-speaking visitors can read my blog articles. The products I’m presenting here are replacement products that have similar properties to those I’ve had experience with and are also available at Amazon.com. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This website contains partner links marked with Ad or *
- What is intestinal dysbiosis?
- What can I do while taking antibiotics?
- Do I need a complete intestinal clean-up after taking antibiotics?
- Lee Swanson Signature Line Ultimate Probiotic Formula
- Garden of Life Probiotic Supplement – Dr. Formulated Fitbiotic Probiotics Powder for Digestive and Gut Health
- Another important probiotic: Enterococcus faecalis for example in Threelac
- Brottrunk (Bread drink)
- Dietary fibres for the intestinal flora
- Prebiotic: Apple pectin
- Resistant starch
- Digestion, intestinal flora and gas?
What is intestinal dysbiosis?
- Dysbiosis usually occurs when an antibiotic mainly kills beneficial bacteria such as lactobacilli (Lactobacillus) or bifidobacteria in the intestine and more resistant pathogens survive and spread.
- Dysbiosis of the intestinal flora is now also regarded by conventional medicine as a cause for the weakening of the immune system and thus as a cause of many chronic diseases.
In this context, physicians like to talk about antibiotic-associated diarrhea.
The causes of chronic dysbiosis
There are a few others, but they’re the most common pathogens:
Too much meat feeds the wrong bacteria, such as clostridia.
- Clostridia are pathogenic germs whose metabolic products poison our bodies.
- Clostridia feed (mostly) on animal protein.
- There are different types of Clostridia. The bad news is their resistance to antibiotics. (See article: Clostridia Therapy)
- A diet low in animal protein (not animal protein-free) is therefore not only for us directly healthy but also indirectly for our intestinal inhabitants. So if you really want to do it right, feed yourself accordingly.
- Candida albicans is a harmful pathogen that can only cause disease under certain conditions. Normally, it is located in equilibrium with the immune system of the host and other intestinal microorganisms.
- If the immune system is weakened by other basic diseases such as diabetes mellitus, cancer, AIDS or if the “good intestinal bacteria” are suppressed by antibiotics, the colonisation of the immune system becomes more widespread.
- Concerning carbohydrates, a Candida Albicans “surplus” in the intestine should be used to limit the consumption of simple carbohydrates (white flour, sugar but also fruit/sugar = ALL SWEET).
- If you have too much of Clostridia and/or Candida Albicans, you usually have to deal with intestinal problems such as diarrhoea and flatulence.
How is dysbiosis treated?
In the case of severe dysbiosis, a complete intestinal remediation should be considered (instructions). This also includes an initial intestinal cleansing (instructions) with flea seed shells, which I carry out at least once a year as part of my annual intestinal cleansing and of course after taking antibiotics. But at the latest when digestion is accompanied by disruptive flatulence, diarrhoea or constipation, one should take action.
What do digestive enzymes have to do with dysbiosis?
Even if you are overacidified, too much arrives in the colon, which does not belong there. Because if the digestive enzymes do not perform their work so well because of the wrong pH value, it does not help to build up only the intestinal flora. Then you should deacidify too. How this works is explained in this article: Deacidification of the body The human intestinal flora differs from individual to individual. The intestinal flora is thus like a personal fingerprint. After an antibiotic therapy, it is important to offer the intestine as many different bacteria as possible so that the bacteria can settle down, which fit to the individual diet / digestive strength / chewing performance etc. and thus to the individual.
What can I do while taking antibiotics?
or also: brewer’s yeast, Saccharomyces boulardii
- While taking antibiotics, the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae in the german preparation Perocur or Bronson Saccharomyces Boulardii in the US ( AmazonAd ) (favourable variant ofPerenterol* with the active ingredient Saccharomyces boulardii) spreads in the intestine so that pathogenic germs cannot spread.
- Antibiotics can’t harm yeast fungi.
- After stopping the antibiotics, Perenterol or Perocur should be taken 2-3 days longer and then also discontinued.
- The population of yeast fungi decreases again and makes room for the probiotics that should be taken.
- Perocur or Perenterol does not prevent the destruction of the intestinal flora. But pathogenic germs or candida can only spread where there is room. And this place is contested by Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
If you are receiving antibiotics in the hospital, you should not expect these products to be prescribed “on their own”. Hospitals only make money with sick patients. If I have to take antibiotics, I always take the “good fungus” ( AmazonAd ). Instead of flowers, relatives/acquaintances are welcome to bring Perocur at visiting time.
By the way, the additional prescription of perenterol for antibiotic prescriptions is already standard practice in the United States.[/learn_more]
[learn_more caption=”Introduction to intestinal bacteria”]
- You will get to know our healthy intestinal flora here: Lactobacillus / Bifidobacteria
- Harmful germs that cause chronic diseases because they permanently poison us are clostridia and candida albicans.
- Too many carbohydrates, especially sugar and white flour feed the famous Candida Albicans intestinal fungus.
- Animal protein the clostridia.
- If you now decimate your physiological intestinal flora (the good bacteria) with an antibiotic, Candida and Clostridia have an easy game.
- Probiotics comparison
- Buy probiotics
A intestinal flora status to determine which bacteria are really lacking or which pathogenic bacteria/fungi one has too much makes sense to build up the intestinal flora in a targeted way. For this purpose, a stool sample must be sent to the appropriate laboratory.
Nutritional supplements are no substitute for a balanced and varied diet and a healthy lifestyle. Besides: I am not a doctor and only reflect my experiences here. Everyone is responsible for their own health!
Do I need a complete intestinal clean-up after taking antibiotics?
Without the above mentioned intestinal flora status of your intestinal flora, it is difficult to say whether you need a prior intestinal cleansing and therefore a complete intestinal remediation. With a large number of Clostridia species or Candida Albicans or other harmful germs, it is always best to make sure that they are killed first.
So you play it safe when you’re doing an intestinal cleanup. In this intestinal remediation guide you will learn how I have completely repaired my intestine. The first step or the first phase of intestinal remediation is the intestinal cleansing. My intestinal cleansing is primarily intended to free the small intestine from harmful germs, so that digestion works properly again. If this is the case, the intestinal flora of the colon only gets to eat fibre which feeds the “good” intestinal bacteria.
What comes after bowel cleansing?
For a intestinal reconstruction cure there is a lot of probiotics, which I have put together in the article: Buy probiotics without comment. Below you will find my intestinal flora cocktails with which you can build up the intestinal flora of the colon.
Most probiotics are also suitable for the development of intestinal flora in children and toddlers. If you are not sure, you should always look at the package insert or ask a doctor/pharmacist.
Tips for a healthy intestinal flora in children I give here: intestinal flora building in children
Lee Swanson Signature Line Ultimate Probiotic Formula
According to antibiotics, the number of many different types of lactic acid bacteria has been greatly reduced. Lactic acid bacteria are particularly sensitive. After taking antibiotics, probiotics with a large number of different bacterial strains are advantageous. This probiotic is very promising in this context.
- 12 different lactic acid bacteria:
- Bifidobacterium lactis 20 billion
- Lactobacillus acidophilus 20 billion
- Bifidobacterium longum 6 billion
- Bifidobacterium bifidum 5 billion
- Lactobacillus casei 5 billion
- Lactobacillus plantarum 5 billion
- Kyo-Dophilus® (blend of L. gasseri, B. bifidum and B. longum) 1 billion
- Lactobacillus salivarius 1 billion
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus 1 billion
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus 1 billion
- Lactospore® Lactobacillus sporogenes 1 billion
- Lactobacillus reuteri 500 million
- And food for the intestinal bacteria:
- NutraFlora® scFOS®(short-chain fructooligosaccharides) (providing minimum 95% total fructooligosaccharides) 100 mg
- 66 billion bacteria per capsule
- The cellulose capsules protect the bacteria from gastric acid and bile.
[learn_more caption=”The probiotic I describe in the original article”] DARMFLORA plus select capsules by Dr. Wolz*
- 11 different lactic acid bacteria:
- 30 billion bacteria per capsule
- The cellulose capsules protect the bacteria from gastric acid and bile.
- Vitamins B1, B2, B2, B6, B12, biotin and folic acid.
- Vitamins B2 and biotin contribute to the maintenance of normal mucous membranes (building up of the intestinal mucosa!). (A lack of vitamin B2/riboflavin can lead to acute skin rashes and cracks (especially on the lips or in the corner of the mouth).
The reviews* at Amazon promise a good effect. I personally like to buy the 80 pieces of package* , because probiotics should be used over a longer period of time. DARMFLORA plus select capsules are my remedy of choice for the construction of the colon flora, as it contains many different bacterial strains protected in one enteric capsule and contains many bacteria.
E. Coli also metabolises glucose and forms lactic acid, acetic acid and can be used in an acidic environment because in contrast to e. g. Clostridia it can also survive. E. Coli is a pioneer in the development of a healthy intestinal flora. Under optimal conditions, E. Coli in our intestine divides every twenty minutes. Its metabolism can be anerobic and aerobic, i. e. with or without oxygen. Escherichia coli displaces pathogenic germs and stimulates our immune system. E. Coli has a direct and indirect effect on our intestinal health. After an antibiotic, the intestinal flora should also be rebuilt with Mutaflor.
E. Coli is a vitamin K producer. Vitamin K is involved in blood coagulation and also activates the formation of bones.
The reviews at Amazon* look good (although they are not mostly faked,: -). I saw a show the other day that’s supposed to be something like this. But I think that this is something you don’t dare to do in the health sector.
Garden of Life Probiotic Supplement – Dr. Formulated Fitbiotic Probiotics Powder for Digestive and Gut Health
In the origin article: Symbiolact Comp
Garden of Life Probiotic Supplement – Dr. Formulated Fitbiotic Probiotics Powder for Digestive and Gut Health () contains lactic acid forming bacteria
- 40 Billion CFU lacto cultures
- 10 Billion CFU Bifido cultures
These bacteria are freeze-dried and become active again in water.
- For the small intestine: Lactobacillus species are natural inhabitants of our small intestine. Their metabolic products lactic acid and hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) can prevent the accumulation of dangerous germs. Lactobacillus can multiply very well in milk, which is why I like to take probiotics with lactobacilli with milk, read more in the blog articles: intestinal flora restoration instructions.
- The metabolism is mainly anaerobic, i. e. it takes place under exclusion of oxygen. However, Lactobacillus needs a little oxygen and that makes Lactobacillus species into small intestine dwellers, because there is no more oxygen in the large intestine.
- For the colon: Bifidobacterium species (bifidobacteria) in this probiotic are not so selective as to the environment, therefore they are found in the colon. And that’s what this article is all about: The structure of the colon flora. The Bifidobacterium lactis is particularly important, which spreads mainly in the colon. Its metabolites are lactic and acetic acid.
- As I have already explained, I like to mix probiotics in powder form into the milk so that Lactobacillus can be fed directly. The bacterial strain Lactobacillus acidophilus is used industrially to produce yoghurt. Let it make yogurt in our intestines, so to speak.
- According to the package leaflet, the Garden of Life Probiotic Supplement powder only needs to be stirred into water (max. 40°Celsius) and then you can drink the mixture. 1-2 bags per day are recommended.
Garden of Life Probiotic Supplement is an ingredient in my intestinal flora Cocktail I
Even if the bacteria in pure powder form as in Symbiolact Comp (the german counterpart I took) are not protected from gastric acid by capsules, Symbioflor Comp and other probiotics in powder form have a right to exist. Children who are not yet able to swallow capsules can benefit from probiotics in powder form simply being used, for example, Garden of Life Probiotic Supplement into a delicious cocoa (here a recipe: prebiotic cocoa). For babies born by Caesarean section or who were unfortunately treated with antibiotics at an early age, a probiotic in a non-encapsulated form in small quantities produces a wonderful starter culture for the development of the intestinal flora. This form of administration makes sense especially for the structure of the small intestine flora, since capsules do not release their contents immediately, but the bacteria from the powder can colonize the small intestine directly. You should ask your trusted physician or your alternative practitioner.
Another important probiotic:
Enterococcus faecalis for example in Threelac
In the original blog article I treat liquid probiotics with Enterococcus faecalis. Unfortunately, I did not find it in the USA. But I have discovered another interesting probiotic, which I will soon order from the USA: Threelac ()
Enterococcus faecalis is an important bacterium in the large intestine and is also one of the lactic acid bacteria. If it has been severely decimated by antibiotics, it should be resettled as soon as possible.
Brottrunk (Bread drink)
Kanne Brottrunk* contains both yeast and some lactic acid bacteria, including the lactic acid bacterium Lactobacillus reuteri. The substance Reuterin, which is excreted by Lactobacillus reuteri, is its weapon against harmful germs. So anyone looking for liquid probiotics has a bottle of bread drink, a natural liquid probiotic foodstuff.
According to investigations by the University of Leipzig, the following bacteria are present in the bread drink in significant quantities:
- Lactobacillus paracasei
- Lactobacillus animalis
- Lactobacillus brevis
- Lactobacillus buchneri
- Lactobacillus reuteri
- Lactobacillus plantarum
Admittedly, the taste of bread is disgusting, so close your nose and take it off. The dose should be increased slowly. I drink half a glass after dinner when I have a digestive cure with bread. You can also mix the bread drink with apple juice, so that the taste (even for children) becomes more bearable.
If something tastes like this, it must be healthy. But you get used to the taste. If you would like to know more about the bread drink, please click on the book on the left side.
The bread drink is an ingredient of my Darmflora Cocktails II
A complete overview of commercial probiotics can be found here: Probiotika kaufen (probiotics in Germany)
Dietary fibres for the intestinal flora
Bifidobacteria (and lactobacilli = lactic acid bacteria) are the physiological bacteria that acidify our colon. Such a lactic acid environment is, shall we say, suboptimal for pathogenic germs. Clostridia are the bad germs, of which probably everyone has too many nowadays, if you are not a vegetarian or vegan. These are replaced by bifidobacteria and lactic acid bacteria. These are available inSymbiolact Comp* orDARMFLORA plus select capsules* . But as I described in the introduction to this article, your personal bacterial flora depends mainly on what you eat or feed your intestinal bacteria.
In the past, our scientists, nutritionists and orthodox doctors have considered these dietary fibres to be pure ballast (in the sense of useless). This is the term used to describe substances that are not absorbed by the body in the small intestine, i. e. not absorbed into the bloodstream. These enter the colon and our good bacteria make their way through the feast. So we feed the good ones with fibre, which can then multiply and fight against evil and suppress it. In the past, conventional medicine did not have the idea of building up the intestinal flora and not only destroying it.
Water-soluble dietary fibres include e. g. oligofructose/inulin, pectin, guar, plantago ovata seed shells, gum arabic, etc.
The Prebiotic Inulin
Inulin for intestinal remediation: Inulin (also available as inulin HT powder () belongs to the dietary fibres, more precisely to the oligosaccharides, which consist of several simple sugar molecules (monosaccharides). Packing inulin in capsules () makes little sense for at least two reasons:
- The stomach acid has no influence on the quality of the inulin. The probiotics, the bacteria themselves, are more sensitive.
- Inulin is delicious or makes a good mouthfeel, as I will explain in a moment.
Fast intestinal flora food for good bacteria: the prebiotic inulin
In this PDF Inulin_Oligofructose_07.pdf a study is mentioned in which it was shown that only 8 g / day are sufficient to increase the good bifidobacteria to such an extent that they quickly suppress the pathogenic germs. Inulin therefore has a bifidogenic effect and does not even taste disgusting. Inulin is slightly sweetish and makes sauces etc. more creamy. All this without calories. So there is also a reason for connoisseurs to include inulin in their diet and cook with it.
The side effects of inulin? The intestinal flora can initially cause flatulence. Therefore, increase the dose slowly. You can start with a knife point in the morning and evening. Another side effect: diarrhoea. When there are not enough bacteria in the intestine to metabolise the inulin, it binds water to itself. The result is a pulpy, depending on the amount of inulin and lack of lactic acid bacteria, even liquid faeces.
And I would like to mention it again: dietary supplements are not a substitute for a balanced and varied diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Health food shop vs. Internet
Years ago I bought 9 EURO 250g of inulin at the health food store to test it. It’s a good test. Online, like here: Inulin Ht Pulver, 500 g* you get twice as much for your EURO. Good deal.
Synbiotics are combinations of probiotics and prebiotics and are more effective than individual components. So you take the bacteria and the appropriate food for these bacteria. Only synbiotics can be produced as follows:
Intestinal flora cocktail I
For 1 person
This cocktail helps the intestinal flora to jump.
- 1/4 litre of very warm to hot water
- 0.1 litre of cold water or milk (or mixed, depending on tolerance)
- 1 bag of this probiotic ()
- 1/4 – 1 teaspoon of inulin ( / start with little to test how the intestinal flora reacts. There should not be too much flatulence and diarrhoea.)
Let’s get started!
- First mix the inulin in 1/4 glass of very warm to hot water from the pipe.
- Then fill with cold milk to cool the “inulin water” for the bacteria and give Lactobacillus Acidophilus its beloved environment.
- Dissolve a sachet of Symbiolact Comp in it and mix with a teaspoon. If necessary, stir again after 2 minutes. Symbiolact takes some time to resolve.
Intestinal flora cocktail II
Mix a glass of bread drink with a teaspoon of inulin. The inulin dissolves very well in the bread drink.
Down below you will find my Intestinal flora cocktail III, Inulin in combination with pectin. If you’re going to supplement, it’s going to be full-fledged, right? ;-)
Prebiotic: Apple pectin
Apple pectin is the secret tip among prebiotics. Pectin can also be used to reduce jam, but it is important for the intestinal flora.
When apple pectin is dissolved in boiling water, a slimy, gel-like liquid forms. This low-viscosity gel doesn’t taste good at all, but when you drink it, it lays down over the intestinal mucosa like a balm and protects it by binding toxins and heavy metals, among other things. These can be eliminated in this way.
But not only that. Your good intestinal bacteria like to eat pectin, which can spread them further.
Unfortunately, however, the same applies here too: caution is called for when it comes to fructose intolerance. An alternative might be the resistant starch.
Nutritional supplements are not a substitute for a balanced and varied diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Apple pectin-inulin mixture (intestinal flora cocktail III)
Mix inulin and pectin in a ratio of 2:1. in this powder mixture, inulin acts as a separating agent. If you now pour boiling water over it and stir, the pectin dissolves better and does not clump so much. With this gel-like liquid, for example, you can now take two Lee Swanson Signature Line Ultimate Probiotic Formula (). The bacteria are given water-soluble dietary fibres for direct metabolism and because of their gel-like state they adhere better to the intestinal mucosa.
Resistant starch is produced when, for example, boiled potatoes are cooled down. Good for me, because I love fried potatoes. :-)
Resistant starch cannot be broken down by the digestive enzyme amylase, which breaks down carbohydrates into smaller molecules that can be absorbed by the small intestine, and ends up in the colon, where our colon flora can make its way over it. Of course you can also find dietary supplements here (right) or this one here:
During my research on the WWW I came across this potato flour:Bauckhof Kartoffelmehl* , in the US: . For the production, raw potatoes are grated and then spun cold, which separates the starch from the fibres. This starch is then dried and has a high proportion of resistant starch type 3 (this is exactly the resistant starch we want). I admit that for such a small amount of starch compared to wheat flour it is very expensive, but much cheaper than buying food supplements “resistant starch”.
Nutritional supplements are not a substitute for a balanced and varied diet and a healthy lifestyle.
In the original blog article: OptiFibre
People with fructose intolerance have problems with inulin or oligofructose. Instead of inulin, you could also try BeneFiber, but this is definitely more expensive.
BeneFiber is a clear, taste-free, completely dissolvable fiber supplement. It is natural, gluten-free, sugar-free, non-thickening like for example resistant starch. BeneFiber contains wheat dextrin, which is a natural prebiotic fiber that “feeds” your intestinal microflora.
Build up intestinal flora in children
It is not easy to build up the intestinal flora of children because they cannot swallow capsules. In my opinion, prebiotics should be given special priority in the development of intestinal flora in children, since inulin and co. can also cook delicious food. The intestinal flora of children is therefore not so difficult to build up. I mix a prebiotic cocoa, which can then be supplemented with an additional probiotic.
Prebiotic cocoa for intestinal flora
Every morning I make my son a cocoa with rice milk from a cocoa powder, which I mixed myself.
- 2 parts of cocoa,which is also used for baking.
- 1 part oligofructose () (30% sweetened sugar and one fibre)
- 1 part whole cane sugar ()
- Inulin (mazon* )
- Treacle ()
- Milk/rice milk etc. with calcium ()
- Optional: Cinnamon ()
- Take a lockable can
- Fill it to a 1/3 with the cocoa powder
- Fill 1/6 with oligofructose.
- Now fill 1/6 with cane sugar
- Mix slowly with a fork (otherwise it will get dusty). 1/3 of the height of the vessel should still be left for stirring. ;-)
- Ready is your prebiotic cocoa beverage powder.
- Test other blends to find your own taste!
This is how it’s done in the morning:
- I’m putting my son on the counter so he can watch.
- I take a cup or mug and fill it halfway with hot rice milk, almond milk or even cow’s milk (depending on tolerability or desire and mood).
- Add 1 teaspoon of inulin. (Everyone can vary that, depending on the consistency of the chair’s AAs; -))
- 1 teaspoon of homemade cocoa powder (see above)
- Depending on your taste, add some more Grafschafter Goldsaft (Amazon* ) and/or cinnamon (secret tip).
Fill with cold milk
- After a diarrhea or after taking antibiotics, I add:
- Either the contents of a capsule ()
- or a half bag ()
- However, cocoa must not be too hot for this purpose, i. e. a maximum temperature of 40°Celsius, otherwise the bacteria in the preparations will die.
- Let him pick another straw. Then it tastes even better! :-)
The cocoa (for baking) that can be bought in supermarkets usually clumps when stirring in milk. However, if this is mixed with other powdery ingredients beforehand, these other ingredients (such as oligofructose or whole cane sugar) are placed between the cocoa particles. These can no longer clump together. In the food industry, so-called release agents are used for this purpose. In this recipe, however, the release agents have even more functions: taste and feed for the good lactic acid bacteria.
Why is inulin not added directly to cocoa powder? I just want to be able to vary with the inulin depending on the digestion. If the gas development in the intestine becomes too much or the stool becomes liquid/muddy, one takes less.
The ideal way to strengthen the intestinal flora: you only eat vegetables and change your diet for many months or for life. High in fibre. Whether Candida Albicans or Clostridia, neither of them can handle it!
Which diet is right for you?
- Paleo/Stone Age Diet
Certainly very healthy, but if you eat too much meat or too little vegetables, the intestinal flora suffers from it. Especially since most of the good intestinal bacteria love carbohydrates. With little meat and plenty of vegetables the perfect diet against Candida Albicans.
- Lots of carbohydrates & fibre, little fat & protein
If you are not affected by Candida Albicans, it is perfect for the intestinal flora, especially if the carbohydrates are eaten more often in wholemeal or potatoes. Super against putrefactive germs like clostridia. But if you have too much candida, you’d better feed Paleo.
Perfect against Clostridia, watch out for the fast carbohydrates in Candida Albicans
Very sobering, isn’t it? But here’s another thing…
Food for the intestinal flora
- Cooled potatoes
When it cools down, resistant starch is produced, which our bifidobacteria use to produce.
- Uncooked raw milk
I like to drink it very much. See if there’s a milk filling station near you: Milk filling station near you. Good bacteria in it, normally, because it is recommended (also at the milk filling stations) to boil the milk before. But in that case, you can go back to the supermarket and buy pasteurized milk. The problem is that when pasteurising, all the good contents and the bacteria are destroyed. When homogenizing, the milk is shot through an extremely fine sieve at high pressure, so that the fat droplets become very small and no longer form a <irony>irritant</irony>cream on the surface.
- Jerusalem artichoke/chicory
Has a high content of water-soluble dietary fibre inulin. See next section.
If you can tolerate them or if you can tolerate them in small quantities. With the right starter culture you can make yoghurt from milk. That proves the lactic acid bacteria are into it, right?
- Vegetables in general
- Potato flour
Depending on the type of production, more or less resistant starch is included.
- Do you have another idea?
Digestion, intestinal flora and gas?
It is well known that poor digestive power and lack of enzymes lead to substances entering the large intestine that do not belong there. So: chew well and don’t eat too much. Just let the digestive enzymes work in your saliva. Amylase can break down starch to such an extent that one can even perceive a very sweet taste in the mouth at some point. More about this in the article:”Inflammation after eating”.
How long do I have to build up my intestinal flora?
The structure of the intestinal flora is something that cannot be summed up in numbers. Conventional medicine, however, likes to work with numbers. Therefore, a orthodox physician does not like to resort to the building of the intestinal flora in order to cure a chronic disease of a patient. The patient must also cooperate well, admittedly to a certain extent, and few people are prepared to do so because of the poor level of information.
In my opinion, it is also dubious to predict a patient how long he will be ill. There is always experience. These empirical values should, at best, be related to the initial situation:
- How bad is the intestinal flora at the beginning of the treatment?
- Which pathological germs (Candida albicans, Clostridium species, etc.) have spread?
- How strict is the patient’s dietary requirement?
- Which probiotics or prebiotics are taken?
- Is it treated with faecal transplantation?
In connection with Hulup* in combination with Combi Flora* I have read about 4 week cures and 3 month cures. This probiotic* is sold directly as a 6-month package. But the treatment is over when the intestinal flora is built up. You can tell when it’s time.
But when you think about how long a baby has to fight colic. They are born, are vaccinated with the mother’s vaginal flora during a normal birth and are given breast milk. The intestinal flora develops over months. Lactobacillus and bifidobacteria are the main spreaders. After half a year, the food is added and other species like E. Coli etc. get the right breeding ground to multiply. The babies have another advantage: normally they do not start with dysbiosis.
Do you have any idea how long it can take to rebuild your intestinal flora? GEDULD!
Often it makes sense to cleanse the intestine properly beforehand, as already written. Most alternative practitioners, but also some doctors, offer colon hydrotherapy (professional enema with abdominal massage). The cost of colon hydrotherapy is about 80 EUR per session and is not everyone’s cup of tea. If you want to do the intestinal cleansing at home, I have a manual here: Intestinal cleansing instructions
The ingredients for my intestinal cleansing are certainly cheaper than the intestinal cleansers, which I also mention in the article.
I have had good experiences with the development of my intestinal flora. So I can say for myself that it works. You just have to be consistent and strict with your diet. As a prebiotic, inulin is much more important for the development of intestinal flora than probiotics. It only feeds the good bacteria that proliferate and with their antibodies inhibit the bad bacteria in growth. Of course, the bacteria have to be present in the first place. Depending on the circumstances, probiotics may also have to be taken properly before the start. Usually it’s not a matter of a few weeks. We are talking about many months, depending on the starting point. A success story from someone who has used intestinal rejuvenation to suppress his depressions and more can be found here: Depressions & intestinal flora
Please leave a comment if you have experience in this area. Have you successfully built up your intestinal flora and want to share your experience with others? You can also write to me so that I can publish your success story. Others need your experience, your confidence and hope. To the contact form
This post is also available in: Deutsch